Friday, May 9, 2014

Surgery, moving, and other stressful things

Today I was suddenly faced with the fact that I have several stressful life events right around the corner.  I've been so busy up until 8 p.m. tonight to even notice that a lot of change is upon me. I'm having surgery on both legs on Monday, leaving me off work for two weeks and on crutches for six, I'm moving to a new state on June 3rd, and I'm looking for a new job. Eek!

It is difficult to come to terms with the fact that I will be on bed rest for two weeks with not much to do besides read books, watch movies, and twiddle my thumbs. Okay, I exaggerate. I do love watching movies and reading books, but not when that is practically the only thing I am able to do.  Once off painkillers, though, I will be working remotely and applying for jobs in earnest. But I am still not looking forward to the hours of being reclined. 

I went to yoga tonight to try and clear my mind, and I dedicated my practice to being mindful of and grateful for a body that bends, moves, and feels strong. Even though I am not perfect, I am so thankful of what I do have. Soon I will not have the capability to move about as freely as I am used to, so I will focus on cherishing these last couple days of mobility and be appreciative of all the great things in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment