Sunday, May 18, 2014

Milestones

Today, the class of 2014 is graduating from my alma mater. With all the social media updates, I can't help but reflect back to my own college graduation day. 

It feels strange to think that two years ago today, I walked across the stage and said goodbye to college life. I loved college, and simply did not want the four years to end. That being said, while I truly enjoyed my college years, I would not want to go back and do it again. I just wanted it to keep going and never end... 

A lot has happened since graduating, including moving twice, working for two different employers, and now moving again. Now, I face a whole new host of uncertainties, such as what my next job will be, my next car, new friends... the list goes on and on. What they don't seem to tell you is that after college, the change and uncertainty never really stops. 

I like to think I am embracing this new challenge and I look forward to what is to come, even if I have no idea what it is. I will put this down as another milestone, another step forward.

Congratulations, class of 2014, and may you embrace the uncertainty! 

Me on my graduation day in 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment