Monday, August 4, 2014

Meet Addie

I've always loved animals. As a child, I wished so badly that I was a dog, or a cat, or a horse, or a lemur, or a snow leopard... the list goes on. I would beg my mom for pets all the time, and grew up raising rats, parakeets, a dog, a cat, and a bunny. It was the best!

After living away from home for the past 6 plus years without a pet, I was dying to add a fluffy companion to my life. Due to restrictions at my last place and knowing I would be moving, I decided to wait. Now, in Denver, that has changed! I know I'll be living here for at least 4 years and I can have pets at my rental. Hooray! Not to mention Denver is insanely pet friendly, and dogs are welcome at many restaurants, farmer's markets, parks, and breweries.

So at dusk on Saturday, Preston and I welcomed Addison Red to our home. She is a red merle Mini Australian Shepherd puppy, weighing in at 8lbs at eleven weeks of age. I am in love. 

I am pleased to introduce you to Addie!


No comments:

Post a Comment