Thursday, August 28, 2014

Full sail

I started my new job a week ago Monday, and I'm loving it! It is certainly an adjustment from not working at all, so I'm just starting to learn how to make time for other things. Add the puppy on top of that and I've got quite a few balls to juggle! 

My day starts at 5 a.m., I take puppy out, get ready for work, Preston leaves at 6 a.m. and I leave for work by 6:40 a.m.. I work till 11 a.m., drive home to take the puppy out and rush back to work till 4 p.m. Come home again for the puppy, I cook dinner, and give lots of love to the puppy. Preston gets home by 7:30 p.m.. We eat, and then to bed by 9 p.m. I haven't been this busy in ages! It's challenging but I'm loving it.

Thank goodness for the weekends when we can sleep in (till maybe 7 p.m.) and spend long days together. We've attempted two 14ers with Addie, and hope one day we can make it to the top! We are looking forward to this weekend and to more time spent in the mountains with family.

I'm hoping to get a rhythm figured out soon so I don't feel so rushed all the time, but perhaps that is my new rhythm for a time. Baby puppy plus full time job plus partner in medical school equals a lot more on my plate. 

Addie is quickly approaching 3 1/2 months this Sunday, and she has already put on 3lbs since we picked her up almost four weeks ago! It's amazing how fast she is growing and how much she is learning. She is one smart dog! 

Attempting Bierstadt

One tired pup on the way down
We (almost) did it!

I love her so

On the way down. Couldn't quite do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment