Thursday, June 5, 2014

Sleepless

I found this post that I never finished from last week, so I figured I would include what was on my mind a week ago and what is going on now. 

Tuesday, May 27

I am sleepless in Tacoma, which is near Seattle, but my state of sleeplessness is nowhere near romance or glamour. This week I cannot stop thinking about all that needs to get done; work, moving, selling my car, renting a car, cleaning, etc. I'm pretty sure the list just about never ends because I have spent the last few nights awake and thinking about it all. 

Unfortunately, I find I have a very low stress tolerance. The smallest thing will see off my anxiety and, poof! I'm a stressed out mess. It's been a long time since I've actually lost this much sleep, so I literally cannot wait to be in Denver and have the big stuff out of the way! 

Thursday, June 5

I am sitting on my couch in Denver, Colorado. It has been a whirlwind of a move, and I cannot believe this will already be night three in our new apartment! This new place is certainly an upgrade in just about every way: washer/dryer in unit, walk-in closet, updated appliances, gym, awesome location in the city... the list goes on and on. 

Let's be clear though - moving is very difficult and takes a lot of time and even more money. We have been getting by with very limited furniture and an even more limited food supply. I forgot how long it takes to have a fully stocked kitchen! I went to make the most simple of meals - a quesadilla - and found I only had very basic ingredients (tortilla ad cheese), missing some of my favorite add-ons (onions, avocado, spinach, bell peppers, etc.). 

I feel like so many things are unsettled right now and I just want to be all unpacked and done with it all. We still have a huge pile of random items with nowhere to put it due to the lack of furniture (bookshelf, coffee table, end tables, etc.) and not a single photo is on the wall. 

These things take time, and I know that soon the apartment will look less like a mess and more like a home. Photos will come once the home part is achieved!

For now, the sleeplessness will continue, but each night gets better and better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment