Monday, June 9, 2014

Almost Settled

I've been in Denver since last Tuesday and it was only Saturday when I finally started to feel settled. The week of moving, AKA making Costco, Target, Goodwill, and Home Depot runs every day for 5 consecutive days, is finally (mostly) over. Preston left yesterday for a 10 day camping trip in Yellowstone with friends and I'm looking forward to visiting family in California for a week starting tomorrow. 

Yep, we are the crazy people that move to a new state and take off less than a week later. 

I'm still on the job hunt and am hopeful something will work out soon. At the same time, I am loving all this free time I have to run errands during off hours, catch up on a good book, watch Orange is the New Black (I maybe need to cool it a bit with the Netflix binging), find the perfect spot for remaining odds and ends, and learn the new city! 

Each day, I'm feeling stronger and more able to walk longer distances. I'm so happy to be a month ahead of schedule on my recovery and have my fingers crossed that I'll be running again come July!

Things seem to work out and fall into place, and I am feeling utterly grateful for the wonderful people in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment