Sunday, April 6, 2014

Brunch

In these two years post-college, brunch has become my favorite weekend activity. I love the lazy mornings leading to a big, delicious meal with friends, bloody marys, and coffee. Brunch might be the only meal where it is normal to have three or more types of beverages in front of you (water, coffee, bloody mary/mimosa/etc.), and I love it! 

I am in love with breakfast food. This morning, a friend described it perfectly: One camp is "breakfast breakfast," the savory, and the other is "dessert breakfast," the sweet. I typically lean savory, but love to visit the sweet side every once in a while for the occasional donut or waffle. 

My go-to brunch order is eggs benedict. For me, it is the perfect combination of all my favorite breakfast items: eggs, ham, english muffin, and creamy Hollandaise sauce. Yum!  

Below are a few of my brunch favorites. If you live in the Pacific Northwest, I would highly recommend you check them out! 

Donut from Legendary Donuts in Tacoma, WA


Eggs Benedict and hash browns from Clyde Common in Portland, OR

Egg baked in an avocado, chez moi (don't let them fool you - this is actually not delicious at all. Who knew baked avocado tastes horrible? Got to have some Pinterest fails to keep things real.)

Bloody Mary, beer chaser, water at Clyde Common

Latte! This one is from the Commons in Woodinville, WA

Another donut featuring bacon - this one from Blue Star Donuts in Portland, OR
These are just a small sampling of some brunch highlights. I'm sure there will be more photos to come as I continue my weekend brunch routine! What is your favorite weekend tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment